In this article are published programmed but not yet implemented features, and, as comments, features requested and whished by users.
- Automatic old images deleting. Many users requested the possibility to delete old images automatically from site. But deleting them automatically, provides that at every execution of the ipcamview.php file, so at every snapshot image display, should be done a control on every archived images to calc if they are old enough to be deleted. But this method provides many resources so we don't want that the component slow down too much. So, to implement this feature we will need more time for planning and test.
EDIT A solution would be to be able to set a day and time in which to perform the deletion ; eg Monday from 2 to 4 AM. Deletion would be activated if at that time the file ipcamview.php is invoked from a page of the site at least once. Otherwise , the deletion could be performed only by using a chronjob that must be set manually by the webmaster of the site ( Joomla alone does not allow to do so) , something reserved only for advanced users and-or with right permissions. Images deletion may also be activated by the administration of the component via a new feature to be included in the " actions " menu.
- Done! In the images archive is possible to show images enlarged in a popup window. This feature, for example, is useful to decide which images to delete.
- When the image and central string are too light, the string should be not visible. So we will add a little red circle that indicates the malfunction or we will add to the string a colored background so it will be always visible.
- For strings printed on the image we will add the possibility to use character set files different from whose distributed and installed with the component. This feature, whould be a different solution to the previous problem too.
- We wil add possibility to mark favourites images. These images will NOT be accidentally deleted and will be shown in a different table so we will have not to take in mind in which folder a certain image is and we don't need to search it anytime.